As a quick summary:
- 11.48 for a season best in the 100m Dash.
- I'm not even going to acknowledge the 200.
- I didn't even show up to (due to quad) the main meet I wanted, the Masters Champs being held essentially "in my back yard".
Considering that, it doesn't seem out of line for me to just give up this pursuit. But the plan for now is to, in fact, essentially double down for next year. Which is a little weird, because honestly my goals don't change. I've learned nothing in that sense, apparently. Which should inevitably set myself up for more major disappointment. BUT, I can be a little more honest and grounded this time around in my assessments. And if I run this slow again, or only marginally faster, I'll at least understand that it's just the reality of who and what I am now. There will be no caveats and question marks. And this time I can be sure to say that unless my sprint workouts or power output doesn’t improve exponentially, then I can't EXPECT anything except the same. So at least that lends itself to more buoyancy for next year in my expectations.
With THAT in mind, the plan is to try to run some indoor this time, and to actually run in some open college outdoor meets next year before summer hits. And, if I'm getting into the sub 11s, then I want to follow through next year and run at the Masters Champs in Iowa. But if I'm only in the 11s in May or June next year, I won't bother to make the trip to Iowa, and that may well conclude my sprint pursuits from there on out. It won't be worth the trouble to my family unless I can prove myself to be truly exceptional (at least to my mind). And I guess 10.7ish/10.8ish would/will be a bit exceptional. Sadly.
Either way....I'm probably not going to keep updating this blog. I'm too busy and too slow. And even if I get anywhere close to what I want to be...the gleam of it doesn’t feel as...bloggable...anymore.
So if you see me running a 10.7 next year, you'll know I followed through. And if not...
No comments:
Post a Comment